Our company culture begins with the retro. Every week, we reflect upon what went well, what didn't, and what we'd like to do next week. While the role we are recruiting for is backend developer, we are a transdisciplinary team that enjoys using our weekly work to grow and learn new things. It is important that any new team member is comfortable with this environment. It requires a lot of autonomy and accountability but provides an unparalleled setting for personal development.
The ideal skills we would like someone to have coming into the role are:
- Familiarity with a variety of backend tools. Could be Node.js, Elixir+Phoenix, Go, Java, Python... we're not picky!
- Comfort with SQL, authoring schemas, and maintaining migrations.
- Knowledge of state-of-the art microservice patterns (serverless architectures, containerization, etc.) and the DevOps tools (Serverless, Kubernetes, etc.) to make them happen.
- Comfort in authentication and authorization practices.
- Desire to design and be responsible for an end-to-end microservice system, with lots of help from your awesome team!