We are looking for an enthusiast Backend Developer Intern to join our committed and talented team! You have a keen interest in software development and excellent understanding of Linux. We are primarily looking for a summer trainee or master thesis worker, but are open to other options also.
Our philosophy is to automate everything and to avoid repetitive manual work in everything we do. Our backend systems are mostly written in Python as well as some Go, C, and Java. Aiven currently offers seven different open-source database services, including PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, Apache Cassandra and Redis. We have functional but light development processes with the focus on pull request reviews.
What you can do:
- Good development skills in Python
- Excellent Linux skills
- Fluent verbal and written English skills (Finnish not necessary)
What we value:
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of IT security
What we can offer:
- A dynamic startup environment with a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Central office location in downtown Helsinki
You will be part of a highly-skilled team of just over 20 people. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow. Please send your application along with a link to your Github profile.