Umbra empowers 3D graphics designers and engineers to create, optimize, share and view their designs in real-time on virtually any device. As the established gaming industry standard in graphics optimization for more than a decade, Umbra is now redefining rapid visualization for all industry ecosystems utilizing complex 3D models.
As DevOps Engineer you will be in charge of maintaining and improving our CI pipeline and participating in the daily operations of our various environments in the cloud. Your job is making sure our local and cloud infrastructure functions in the best possible way. The skills you possess will also be essential when our engineers need to get rid of frustrating and/or hindering obstacles, whether they’d be stale tools or slow processes.
Your primary tasks are
- Working closely with our engineering team as the person in charge of all things devops
- Administrating development & production workloads on AWS
- Improving our continuous integration (CI) pipeline
- Developing internal tools with/for our engineers
- Improving automation workflows wherever possible
- Keeping yourself and the team up to date with the latest developments and technologies in the DevOps field
- Previous work experience in DevOps related role
- In-depth knowledge of AWS and/or some other major cloud provider
- Being comfortable with Linux and Python/bash or some other scripting language(s)
- Experience in building infrastructure as code (Terraform/Ansible/…)
- Good knowledge of CI/CD practices and tools (TeamCity/Jenkins/...)
- Whaling experience with Docker and/or some other container platform
General requirements to all positions at Umbra
- Being able to take initiative and to make things happen
- Proactive can-do attitude and team player spirit
- Passion for video games, 3D in general, cutting edge tech, smell propagation or some other business domain we’re working with is a plus
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
Umbra values top notch technology, successful business, hard work and diversity. We want to hire the people who are culture fits but also culture adds - and we wish to receive applications from professionals with various backgrounds.
Perks and benefits
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Flexible working hours
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Free coffee / tea
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Near public transit
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Want to be a partner? Look no further.
We want to take you from good to great.
Break a leg! Seriously, we got you covered in our company healthcare plan.