As Lead Backend Developer, you will play a key role in a multi-national project where you contribute to all aspects of our machine learning platform, from data collection and integration to the automation of our prediction engines and interfacing with third party systems.
You will work in in our Espoo office, with occasional work from home. You collaborate with an inspiring team of world-class data scientists and developers on a regular basis and report to our CTO who is located in Berlin, Germany. This is a great opportunity to grow, work with real-life data and see your solutions make an impact in the real world!
You have a solid theoretical background in software engineering and several years of professional experience with data processing and web services, as well as modern programming patterns and test practices. Your work history includes projects in which you played a leading role in designing and implementing backend systems.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of project experience (3+ years Python)
- Experience building RESTful Web Service APIs
- Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting
- Good communication skills in English
The following skills will be an advantage:
- Knowledge of SQL and ETL development
- DevOps / Docker / Cloud Computing
- Processing of Geospatial Data
- Python Backend Development
- 5+ years project experience
- Technical leadership
- Fluency in English