At The Shortcut we aspire to provide the best environment not only for our community and the participants in our activities, but more importantly our team. In our People Operations we strive to create the perfect learning and development conditions as well as provide structures for smooth communication and collaboration within the team. Our COO who leads this area of work will be on parental leave. Thus we are looking to find the right person to nurture and grow our People Operations for seven months (starting September 16th) with potential to go beyond that. Is this person you?
Among other things, you will:
- Oversee the entire talent cycle at The Shortcut with includes: recruitment, on- and off-boarding and team check-ins as well as personal and team development. You will also create comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Enhance internal processes and structures to achieve smooth operations and excellent communication within the team.
- Support fellow leads in guiding and developing their teams as well as addressing any training needs.
- Initiate and oversee personal development activities. Create content for the team and community related to HR and Talent topic.
- Enhance our employer branding to attract the perfect talent to compliment the team and community
- Manage a team of interns who will support all aspects of this role
- Experienced in the field of Human Resources and Personal Development
- Well acquainted with the startup ecosystem in Helsinki, the agile work environment and needs of startups
- Passionate about growth of people and teams
- Structured with the ability to keep people focused whilst embracing the agile work environment of a fast-paced startup organization
- Energized and driven by subjects such as startup employability, talent development, employer branding and skills of the future
- A leader who motivates and inspires people to take ownership whilst supporting their growth
The Shortcut is a talent accelerator. Our goal is to help people improve their skills and acquire new ones in order to enter the tech world by either creating a startup or joining one. We are a non-profit organization part of Startup Foundation sr. and a sister organization to Slush, Maria 01, Wave Ventures and Junction.
- An entry point to the startup community and opportunity to mingle, network and be seen:
- A place of work centrally located in Helsinki, in the hottest Nordic Startup hub Maria 01
- Access to The Shortcut community events (startups mingle lunch, workshops, community breakfast etc.)
- Access to the gym and social activities in Maria 01 (afterwork pizza hangouts, drinks and breakfasts, parties, etc)
- A fun and relaxed environment where you can make your voice heard and actively shape what happens at The Shortcut
Apply before August, 15th by showing sharing your motivation with us and answering the questions.
- What important factors are needed for a successful learning and development environment? How would you implement this at The Shortcut?
- How would you attract and retain the best talent for The Shortcut? What do you think are “the right talents” needed?
- What does an agile work environment mean? How does it influence the work in People Operations?
If you have any questions contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org!