We are recruiting Product Development Intern for product formulation
We’re looking for highly driven student talents to take up the role of Product Development intern for product formulation on a full-time / nearly full-time basis. This position is mainly intended for summer interns or longer term interns (6-12 months).
We’re looking for people who are hungry to continuously learn about food product development, food science, formulation and working with plant-based superfood ingredients as well as food manufacturing and commercialization of new product projects from concept to the shelf of a Retail store.
Genuine interest in healthy plant-based lifestyle and nutrition is essential part of our company culture.
Your responsibilities and KPIs
- Your responsibility is to develop and test product formulations from existing concepts and ideas, and actively take part in creating new product concepts
- Once you develop new formulas, you are responsible collecting feedback from the team, customers and consumers (with a help of a test lab partner) to see if they like the taste and improve based on the feedback you receive
- Ultimately, your KPI is to get as many great-tasting new product formulations finished for production as you can
- The work is conducted primarily for powdered food products (e.g. plant-based meal shakes, other powder-based products etc.)
- Your work includes creating recipe formulations first in excel and then creating trial versions in the test kitchen, before asking feedback from the Ambronite team, customers, and/or consumers
- You will have access to our existing ingredient database and development ingredients, and in addition your work may include sourcing new ingredients
- Your responsibilities also includes producing small test batches and mock-ups of new products for market testing purposes
We may also ask you or your input in gathering knowledge of our customers, consumers and competitors, in creating and bringing innovative ideas to support strategic plans and enable R&D to apply this knowledge to assigned projects.
Working with the marketing team to engage customers and influencers in new product development
Advancement possibilities include leading product development projects from concept through commercialization for Ambronite, being responsible to develop and test formulas and coordinate and establish processes for new products, quality improvements and cost reductions
What do we require from candidates?
- FLUENT verbal & written communication skills in Finnish and English
- Not afraid of creating new product formulas out of nothing 🙂
- Previous experience working with powder-based ingredients
- Ability to professionally sample products and collect feedback from the team and customers
- Ability to work with excel, ingredient suppliers, and other partners involved in product development and manufacturing
- Ability to read and understand ingredient specifications and quality analysis reports
- Creative mindset and target-driven attitude with ability to work with nutrition facts and formulas in excel spreadsheet
- Positive, proactive and inquisitive attitude
- Ability to take ownership and work individually without continuous guidance
- Self-initiative & high accountability is required in the fast-paced startup culture
- Aligned with our values of healthy lifestyle and interest towards nutrition
- We’re hiring doers only — you will get your hands dirty from the day one
What do we consider as a plus?
- Finnish language is required in order to work fluently with our manufacturing partners
- Language skills in English needed to work with ingredient vendors
- Burning passion for healthy plant-based food (products)
What do you get?
- Amazing chance to build your own portfolio of plant-based food product formulations created to international brand
- You’ll learn a lot about food product development and commercializing new products
- Valuable experience working in an international growth startup: your work will have a direct impact on the success of Ambronite
- You get to be part of small effective team: you are working directly with co-founders
- You get to learn about all other aspects of business besides product development, such as operations, manufacturing as well as marketing, social media, and sales
- Unlimited stock of Ambronite products for personal use :)
- Learn more about Ambronite culture in this blog post and in this culture mini-book.
- This is a full-time intern role: our office is located in Kamppi (Lapinlahdenkatu 16).
- You will also work a lot in a development kitchen in the Helsinki area
- Monthly fixed intern-level compensation is included in this position
- For successful performance there is possibility for continued agreement
Application process - does this sound like you?:
- Send your application through Hub, please also send max 3 min long video introduction of yourself
- In the video, please briefly 1) introduce yourself, 2) your previous food product formulation experience, 3) why you would like to work for Ambronite, and 4) why we should select you
- Video should be shot with a mobile phone (no need for high production quality).
- Please send the video with Whatsapp to Arno Paula at +358407780419 after you’ve submitted your application through Hub
- We’re recruiting as soon as we find suitable candidates during April 2019.