At the Shortcut we seek to increase our impact by scaling our product offering and reaching new audiences. To achieve this we are looking for a Product Lead to oversee the conceptualisation, development and packaging of services and programs related to acquisition of skills in business, design, technology and employability. Is this you?
Among other things, you will:
- Lead the transformation of product ideas from their most formidable stages into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects while maintaining a serious consideration of the financial implications, marketing needs, and the overall objectives of The Shortcut
- Spearhead execution of our products, including different services, events and trainings on startup related topic and skills
- Manage a process that drives toward a scalable product portfolio that will in turn drive The Shortcut’s product profitability while serving our mission
- Manage a team of staff and interns that will support all the efforts of this role
- Well acquainted with the startup ecosystem in Helsinki and have a good understanding of current technology trends and startup needs
- Experienced in product design in the tech field
- A strategic thinker who can see the big picture and has a knack for details
- Driven by creating meaningful partnerships
- Not afraid to pick up the phone to talk money
- A leader who motivates people and inspires them to take ownership and to be independent while supporting them in their growth
- A team player that loves working with people
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, on multiple projects at the same time
The Shortcut is a non-for profit organization that encourages more people from diverse backgrounds to consider creating a startup or work for a high growth company to best utilize their skills and aspirations. We inspire and empower our community through events, workshops, trainings and programmes.
- An entry point to the startup community and opportunity to mingle, network and be seen:
- A place of work centrally located in Helsinki, in the hottest Nordic Startup hub Maria 01
- Access to The Shortcut community events (startups mingle lunch, workshops, community breakfast etc.)
- Access to the gym and social activities in Maria 01 (afterwork pizza hangouts, drinks and breakfasts, parties, etc)
- A fun and relaxed environment where you can make your voice heard and actively shape what happens at The Shortcut
Apply by sharing your strategy to the below challenge with a strong statement of motivation.
Looking at the current events and programs that The Shortcut offers, give one concrete example on how you would extend and improve our current content.
- What would be one program or service offer you would give top priority and build up at The Shortcut?
- What audience would you focus on?
- How would you build up a revenue model connected to the program/ service?
- How would you engage the team while at the same time not compromising the deadlines?
If you feel you have what it takes to become our Product Lead then please send your application by 15.7.19!