You will extend our team as a senior developer experienced primarily in the ancient craft of back-end software development. You will be responsible for building features, design and implement robust APIs, and improve the performance and reliability of our services by working together with other back-end architects. As such, your decisions will have significant impact on our platform.
Our stack currently consists of Linux, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Terraform (AWS), and soon Haskell. As a young company, you will find plenty of opportunity to insert your opinionated self and shape the backbone that powers our services. We are looking for engineers with a passion for simplicity and reliability in system design.
At Saidot we promote a positive culture, where diverse opinions matter and you are encouraged to speak your mind and be supportive of others. Our product is our philosophy, we trust in our members to be dedicated to our vision and collaborate effectively without supervision.
- independently and proactively collaborate with front-end engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code to integrate with our front-end services, and shape our public APIs
- closely interact with our product team on service design and improvements
- lead and provide guidance for the back-end development team
- learn new tech stacks and become a category theory wizard as you dive deep into Haskell
- create pull-requests, perform code reviews and administer CI/CD pipelines
- enjoy the positive impact your are creating and have fun with the team
You should have
- at least 3+ years of experience in the industry writing scalable back-end APIs
- a strong command of Haskell, or enthusiasm to become a category theory expert
- plenty of experience with microservices, RDBMS, ORMS and other relevant acronyms
- the ability to lead technical architecture discussions and make important design decisions
- a firm grasp of software development tools and processes, such as the Git workflow, CI/CD systems, and issue tracking systems
- ideally worked on cloud platforms like AWS, with containers and serverless architecture
- excellent English communication skills
- passion to tackle tough challenges head on
- a fearless attitude, self-awareness and empathy
What We Offer
At Saidot you will find a challenging and high-purpose work environment, where the impact of your work can be immediately felt and seen. We strive to live up to out our core values - accountability, transparency, human & together, every day in our team and through our product. With us, you will have the opportunity to grow together and develop your career quickly in the areas of your passion.