As Senior GIS Developer, you will play a key role in a multi-national project where you are responsible for the geospatial data which powers our machine learning platform.
You will work in our Espoo office, or occasionally from home. You collaborate with an inspiring team of world-class data scientists and developers on a regular basis and report to our CTO who is located in Berlin, Germany. This is a great opportunity to grow, work on diverse problems, and see your solutions make an impact in the real world!
You have an educational background in geomatics and/or software engineering and several years of professional experience with GIS systems and geoprocessing/ETL. Your work history includes projects in which you implemented complex transformations of geospatial data using Open Source Software.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Deep knowledge of Geospatial Databases and Queries (PostGIS)
- Advanced knowledge of GDAL/OGR and related Python libraries
- Geospatial analysis and visualization using QGIS or ArcGIS
- 5+ years of Python programming experience (backend)
- Familiarity with shell-scripting in Linux/Unix-based OS
- Fluent English and willingness to work in distributed team
The following skills will be an advantage:
- DevOps / Docker / Cloud Computing
- Creating RESTful Web Service APIs
- Experience with GeoServer
Please get in touch with Christof Danzl, our CTO (email@example.com)