Site Reliability Engineer / Backend Developer
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our committed and talented team! You will work to ensure the high quality of Aiven’s managed open-source database service (DBaaS).
Your tasklist will include activities such as improving and extending the self-healing logic, improving monitoring and alerting automation, and ensuring the systems are able to scale with our rapidly growing customer base. Depending on your interests, you can also participate in new feature development for the Aiven platform.
To succeed in this role, you need a strong background in software engineering and an excellent understanding of Unix systems administration and networking. You should also enjoy automating things and ensuring system scalability, reliability and security.
The person we are looking for is self-driven, enthusiastic about programming, and willing to help others. We value analytical problem-solving skills and an openness to new ideas.
We are headquartered in Helsinki, Finland but this position is also open to remote candidates anywhere in European Union or United States.
What you can do:
- Excellent development skills in Python
- Excellent Linux systems administration and networking skills
- Experience in systems automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
What we value:
- Hands-on experience with some of the following systems: Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Zookeeper or MySQL
- Good understanding of IT security
- Distributed systems knowledge
What we can offer:
- A dynamic startup environment with a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Possibility for stock options on top of the monthly salary for permanent employees
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team of just over 25 people, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story. If you’re interested, send us your application along with a link to your Github profile.