Site Reliability Engineer / Backend Developer
You will lead our system automation work. Your tasklist will include activities such as improving our image building, extending production alerting automation, helping in problem investigation and improving our self-healing logic. Depending on your interests, you can also participate in the development of new features for the Aiven platform.
To succeed in this role, you need a strong background in software engineering and an excellent understanding of Unix systems administration and networking. You enjoy automating things and ensuring system scalability, reliability and security.
Our backend systems are mostly written in Python with some Go and C. The services run in containers and we’re huge fans of systemd. Our philosophy is to automate everything and try to avoid repetitive manual work in everything we do.
We are headquartered in Helsinki, Finland but this position is also open to remote candidates anywhere in European Union or United States.
What you can do:
- Excellent development skills in Python or Java
- Excellent Linux systems administration and networking skills
- Experience in systems automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
What we value:
- Hands-on experience with some of the following systems: Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Zookeeper or MariaDB
- Good understanding of IT security
- Distributed systems knowledge
What we can offer:
- keepA dynamic startup environment with a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Work in our central Helsinki office or remotely from your home or a co-working space
- Possibility for stock options on top of the monthly salary for permanent employees
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team of just over 10 people, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story. If you’re ready to take a foundational role in the functionality of our platform, send us your application along with a link to your GitHub profile.