We are now looking for an experienced Backend Developer to join our committed and talented team! You will be developing new features for the Aiven platform and further extending our selection of managed self-healing open-source database services (DBaaS).
Our philosophy is to automate everything and to avoid repetitive manual work in everything we do. Our back-end systems are mostly written in Python as well as some Go, C, and Java. Aiven currently offers seven different open-source database services, including PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, Apache Cassandra and Redis. We also use most of these internally to build the Aiven platform.
The person we are looking for is enthusiastic about programming, and is self-driven. We value analytical problem-solving skills and willingness to exchange ideas.
What you can do:
- Excellent development skills in Python
- Hands-on experience with some of the following systems: Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Zookeeper or MySQL
- Excellent Linux systems administration and networking skills
- Fluent verbal and written English skills (Finnish not necessary)
What we value:
- Good understanding of IT security
- Distributed systems knowledge
What we can offer:
- A dynamic startup environment with a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Central office location in downtown Helsinki
- Possibility for stock options on top of the monthly salary for permanent employees
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team of just under 20 people, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story. If you’re interested, send us your application along with a link to your Github profile.