We are looking for a Customer Success Engineer to help our customers in utilizing Aiven managed Open Source database services (DBaaS). This position is open to Helsinki based candidates or remote candidates located anywhere in the European Union or Asia Pacific area.
You are passionate about technology and sincerely want to help the customers to succeed. You’ll be working closely with our engineering and operations team to ensure customers get the best possible service.
Your normal day will include tasks like responding to customer questions, helping with pre-sales and post-sales cases, communicating customer needs back to the engineering team, and depending on your interest, possibly writing technical help and blog articles.
To succeed in this role, you need a customer-focused mindset and some experience on open source databases and Linux. Our customers are development teams, so development experience is a plus.
What you have:
- Prior experience and a keen interest in working with customers
- Interest on working with open source databases, like Kafka or PostgreSQL
- Some prior scripting or coding experience
- Linux skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
What we value:
- Experience working with open source databases, and especially with Kafka, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, InfluxDB, Grafana, Redis, Elasticsearch.
- Technical writing skills and experience
What we can offer:
- A dynamic startup environment with a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Possibility for stock options on top of the monthly salary for permanent employees
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team of just over 20 people, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story.