We are now looking for a Java Developer / Open Source database enthusiast to join our committed and talented team!
Aiven utilizes several Open Source databases written in Java, like Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra and Elasticsearch. You would be working closely with those, writing plugins, connectors and other extensions, investigating and fixing possible issues with the databases, even contributing to the feature development of the open source databases. And submitting the new components and fixes upstream to the Open Source community.
You can also participate on the development of Aiven platform, where we mostly use Python as well as some Go and C. On the frontend side we use React/JS.
The person we are looking for is enthusiastic about programming, and is self-driven. We value analytical problem-solving skills and willingness to exchange ideas.
What you can do:
- Hands-on experience with some of the following systems: Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch, Apache Cassandra, Zookeeper or MySQL
- Excellent Linux skills
- Fluent verbal and written English skills (Finnish not necessary)
What we value:
- Good understanding of IT security
- Distributed systems knowledge
What we can offer:
- A dynamic startup environment with a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Central office location in downtown Helsinki
- Possibility for stock options on top of the monthly salary for permanent employees
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team of just under 20 people, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story. If you’re interested, send us your application along with a link to your Github profile.