We are Aiven—a managed cloud services startup launched in 2016. We run and manage open source messaging middleware and databases such as Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Redis in all major clouds including AWS, Google Cloud and Azure. Backed by Europe's leading investors, our services are used daily by hundreds of customers across the globe with more joining every single day. Talouselämä magazine chose Aiven as one of the most promising Finnish startups in 2018!
We are looking for Consulting Solutions Architects to help customers utilize Aiven's managed open source services. An ideal candidate will be passionate about (open source) technology and genuinely want to help customers in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity. The candidate will be joining Aiven's technical sales team in one of - USA (Boston or remote) or, European Union (Helsinki or remote). Suitable candidates must have demonstrable experience in the following areas that will be required in their day-to-day job:
(Aiven services: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana)
- Customer relationship management.
- Converting prospects to paying customers
- Expanding Aiven service footprint after initial sale
- Helping customers succeed
- Conduct successful proof of concepts
- Be an ambassador for Aiven
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Linux operating system
- Demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc)
- DNS and Networking basics
- A fairly deep conceptual understanding of Kafka and at least one of Cassandra or Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrable use of a Relational databases preferably PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
- Familiarity with one or more public clouds preferably AWS, Google or, Azure and in the areas of compute, storage - block and object, networking, and security groups
- Act as a subject matter expert on Aiven service offerings
- Understand customers’ technical requirements at an architectural level and propose solutions to address them using Aiven’s services
- Break down solution to customers’ technical requirements into smaller more manageable components and be prepared to implement some of the components to interface with Aiven services
- Ability to implement software solutions as needed in either pre-sales and/or post-sales capacity to interface with Aiven services in order to address business requirements
- Fluency in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Go or, Ruby
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar discipline) or, an equivalent amount of professional experience in software engineering
The following is nice to have:
- Writing technical blogs
- Giving talks at conferences and meetups
What we offer:
- A dynamic startup environment with a rapidly growing international business
- A competitive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options at an early stage startup
(NOTE: US applicants should be either US citizens or US Green Card holders)
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team of just over 20 people, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story.
Perks and benefits
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Flexible working hours
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Free coffee / tea
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Near public transit
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Free office snacks
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
Want to be a partner? Look no further.